Jeremy has been a technological swiss army knife since the Oregon Trail was text only. His favorite color is sushi. He resides in Bloomington, Indiana, and has never been to the moon.
Jeremy first touched a computer, a Commodore 64, at the age of four. He spent countless hours typing in programs from the pages of RUN and Compute! He later acquired a PC at the age of 13, and subsequently discovered BBSs, FidoNET, programming, networking, and the security world. He was introduced to Linux in 1996 and has been using it since.
As a teenager, he began working for a local consulting company managing HP/UX servers (but don’t bring that up, it still gives him nightmares). Later, he founded a consulting company specializing in implementing open-source solutions (based mostly on Linux) for various clients.
Until recently, he served as a network ninja at a post-secondary educational institution where he routed packets, switched frames, kept a few Linux servers humming along, and occasionally beat a Windows server into submission. He has also designed and taught numerous networking, security, and Windows Server courses, imparting knowledge upon eager minds.
He likes to use Perl to make his life easier. He works smarter, not harder. He’s a Mac.
Jeremy has accumulated a number of certifications, including:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP),
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA),
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate-Enterprise Routing (JNCIA-ER),
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA),
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS),
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP),
- SANS/GIAC Certified Windows Security Administrator (GCWN),
- HP Accredited Systems Engineer – HP ProCurve Campus LANs (ASE),
- HP Accredited Integration Specialist – ProCurve Networking (AIS), and
- CompTIA Linux+, Network+, and Security+
He is currently pursuing others as well.
Please see the Contact Me page for details on how you can reach me via e-mail, instant messaging, and social networking.