Just like a house, you need a strong foundation of knowledge if you intend to acquire Cisco certifications. You’re going to need to bury your nose in some books to gain that knowledge.
Which books, you ask? That’s what the lists below are for. Whether you’re studying for the CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE (R&S) exams, I’ve put together these lists to let you know what you need to read.
You probably won’t need to read every book on the appropriate list but you’d be light years ahead of the others if you did.
Am I missing something that you think should be on this list? Let me know.
- CCNA Official Exam Certification Library – includes these two books:
- CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide (by Wendell Odom)
- CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide (by Wendell Odom)
- CCNP Routing and Switching Official Certification Library – includes these three books:
- CCNP ROUTE 642-902 Official Certification Guide (Exam Certification Guide) (by Wendell Odom)
- CCNP SWITCH 642-813 Official Certification Guide (Exam Certification Guide) (by David Hucaby)
- CCNP TSHOOT 642-832 Official Certification Guide (Official Cert Guide) (by Kevin Wallace)
CCIE Routing & Switching
- Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1
- Routing TCP/IP, Volume II
- Cisco LAN Switching Configuration Handbook
- CCIE Routing and Switching Certification Guide
- Internet Routing Architectures
- Developing IP Multicast Networks
- Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide (IP Telephony Self-Study)
- IPv6 for Enterprise Networks
- MPLS Fundamentals